(For 2013-2014 Membership Year)
Members benefits include:
- Opportunities to usher at over seventy venues in the Chicagoland area including Steppenwolf, Mayne Stage, Timeline Theatre and the Harris Theater for Music and Dance
- The Spotlight, our monthly online newsletter that contains current ushering opportunities.
- The Cyberline, a biweekly email that contains new volunteer opportunities. The opportunities are created by extension of popular shows, recent cancellations and shows that did not make it into the Spotlight.
- General membership meetings with guest speakers from local performing arts organizations. Past guests include Tracy Letts, Deanna Dugan, Ron OJ Parson and David Cromer.
- A group membership to the League of Chicago Theaters. This Saints badge allows access to industry nights.
Members are not required to volunteer for a minimum number of shows. They decide which shows they want to see.
Every year the Saints give out over one hundred thousand dollars in grants to local not-for-profit performing arts organizations. This comes from membership annual dues.
- Each member is required to have their own email address. Members should be able to use an internet browser.
- Members must be able to climb stairs and stand for over an hour.
- Membership dues are $75.00 per person for the first year and $55 for subsequent renewals.
- The membership dues for a full time student who has a student ID at an accredited college is $35. This is not meant for people engaged in extension courses.
- The Saints' year begins on June 1. Members must renew in order to maintain their membership. This is regardless of what month they joined.
Members can pay the annual dues by credit card or check. Visa, MasterCard and Discover card are accepted.
Lapsed members can renew by logging into the website and paying the membership dues for the current year. They are not required to attend an orientation.
How to join:
2. Register for a new membership here: New Member Signup
- Click on the orientation that you want to attend.
- Click the button labelled "Register Now".
- It is preferable that you login to register. This is not required.
4. Attend the orientation.
At the orientation you will learn about the Saints. People who decide to join the Saints must sign the membership agreement, pay the membership dues and get a new Saints badge. New members will have the opportunity to purchase goods from the shop such as bow ties, pouch purses and mini flashlights.